The Forum

Home Forums New Beverly Upgrades & Enhancements 2018

This topic contains 139 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  Phil 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 140 total)
  • Author

Is there any update as to when the doors will the grand opening will go down?

Phil you are a saint

Hi Gato, there’s no date yet for the re-opening but we’ll make a big splash when we do.

Jerking around was the wrong word. Our interest comes from a place of love and excitement of what’s coming. Looking forward to an update, whenever it comes.

Trust me, Monkeyboy; I’m more eager than anyone to get back to watching movies at the Bev ๐Ÿ˜‰

Many of us appreciate what you do, Phil, and know you’re doing your best in a tough situation. I trust that if you were able to share more info at this time, you would.

I’m just going to assume at this point there is now stadium seating and a 70mm projector being installed. Anything less will be devastating.

I totally believe that it must be a logistical nightmare to do any kind of reconstruction when dealing with the city and codes. Thanks for keeping us as updated as you can Phil. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, or a teen waiting to be old enough to get my drivers license – except itโ€™s worse!

I’ll be patient, though I’m missing my New Bev!

This is pathetic. The New Beverly is, and after the enhancements, probably more “was,” a historic theater. If people want vegan snacks, stadium seating (“waaaaah I can see someone’s head in front of me”), LED lighting, etc. GO TO THE MULTIPLEX. The place actually felt like a theater. I have no doubt that those days are over. After Tarantino took it over, it got all of the upgrades it needed: it was much cleaner, had a cool little 70s vibe snack bar, and most of all, GREAT FILMS. Now it’s been closed for months probably at least in part because millennials with man buns, quinoa addictions, and a taste for kombucha instead of scotch, can’t exist without whatever the trend of the moment is. The ONLY reason to deal with the horrendous parking situation around the theater was great films in an atmosphere that was worthy. If that’s gone, the New Bev is just another pseudo-vintage gathering place for LA hipsters.

I hate man buns as much as the next guy, am no fan of quinoa and crave a steak right now – but what a Negative Nelly! We do not even KNOW what the enhancements / changes are going to be. It might just be better bathroom access for those with wheelchairs, it might be a larger concession stand to allow people to move through line quicker – who knows? The only thing I care about at this time is when I get to go back to the movies.

Went by Thursday around 5, two suspicious ladies in the Lobby, one behind the counter, both wearing Cheshire grins (and one great Skirt, to use the parlance of our times)
    …They seemed to revel in my desperation, knowing full well that the toll is much more than taken…it is, indeed, to its core – Took.

“I hate man buns as much as the next guy, am no fan of quinoa and crave a steak right now โ€“ but what a Negative Nelly! We do not even KNOW what the enhancements / changes are going to be. It might just be better bathroom access for those with wheelchairs, it might be a larger concession stand to allow people to move through line quicker โ€“ who knows? The only thing I care about at this time is when I get to go back to the movies.”

Yeah, exactly. I don’t really see the point of coming on here and unleashing a negative tirade. How, exactly, is that helpful?

Oh, and I love the vegan dogs.

Mark me as a big fan of the vegan dogs.

Iโ€™ll eat a vegan dog. I bet they taste great! But I will never wear a man bun! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.