The Forum

Home Forums New Beverly Programming Requests Tom Sawyer (1973)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leifj2009 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve heard that it’s one of the greatest musical features, from the 70’s. Starring, Johnny Whitaker, Celeste Holm, Warren Oates, ect. The songs from the movie, are written by Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman (The Parent Trap, Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Little Nemo, The Tigger Movie), and the score is composed and conducted by John Williams (Jaws, Close Encounters of The Third Kind, E.T., Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars). We could show it to the kids, with great songs by the Sherman Brothers, in either 16mm or 35mm film. You know, there should be a Sherman Brothers Tribute festival, to dedicate the Oscar-winning songwriters, who brought us, laughter and fun.

We’ve screened Tom Sawyer multiple times, most recently just a few months ago. At one of the last showings, star Johnny Whitaker made a surprise appearance to watch the movie with an audience.

I was gonna put chitty chitty bang bang , in there, but I don’t know if they have it in their calendar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.