The Forum

Home Forums Movie Madness The Criterion Collection

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cinema4Eternity86 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

…is getting the bi-annual 50% off treatment at Barnes and Noble, in-store and online (here’s the link)

I grabbed Dr. Strangelove, The Player, In a Lonely Place, Cronos, Eraserhead, Slacker, and The Complete Lady Snowblood this time around.

Anyone else get anything?

I think I’ve still got a queue with the titles I scored during the last sale. But my home video addiction is like crack or Pok√©mon, I’ve gotta catch ’em all.

Bertrand – great meeting you tonight!

Any thoughts on the Criterions you picked up? I finally saw In a Lonely Place on dvd a couple years back and it really blew me away. I should definitely upgrade to that new blu.

Great meeting you, too!

Love em all–the transfers on Eraserhead (which, along with Slacker, had an insanely dense supplements package)and In a Lonely Place were particularly great. And yeah, In a Lonely Place is pretty devastatingly perfect.

Kinda wish the Lady Snowblood box had more bonus features, but what can you do.

Also, despite my wallet screaming at me, I went back to B&N’s site like two days later and pulled the trigger on The New World, Touch of Zen, Band of Outsiders, and Seven Samurai because, well, why not?

Whenever there’s a Criterion sale at Barnes & Noble, I always feel like I should program the assault theme from “The Entity” to play when I open my wallet. But I always tell myself it’s to expand my horizons and learn about directors they never really had the time, patience or cojones to teach us about in school.

I keep a list of the films I own from Criterion on their site, the most recent addition being “Buena Vista Social Club”.

https://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/15660-will-c/collection

* two films I would love to see them add in my lifetime are “Barry Lyndon” and von Trier’s “The Idiots”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.