The Forum

Home Forums Everything Else Orange County Arthouse

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pinkcow42 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I don’t know if anyone here ever finds themselves down in Orange County, but if you do and want to watch something good you should check out The Frida Cinema in downtown Santa Ana. It’s a non-profit arthouse run by my friend Logan. They have two screens and are capable of projecting film (though most of what they screen is DCP). Their programming is primarily current indie and foreign films but they do a fair amount of rep as well with family matinees on Sundays as well as career retrospectives of certain filmmakers. Recently they did the entire Studio Ghibli catalogue. Lots of cool restaurants in the area for before or after dining and even a cool Record Store around the corner. See, Orange County isn’t COMPLETELY devoid of culture. For more information you can always check out http://www.thefridacinema.org

Pink – welcome to the forum! The Frida totally rules and Logan has been doing an awesome job. I remember when he was at the Art in Long Beach. I need to head down there to visit again soon.

It’s a great little theater. No frills but it seems to finally be building up a community. There was a period where I was able to go weekly. But now as father to a seven month old, I haven’t been in months. I see one film a day but less than one per month in a theater. Last year Logan had me introduce a screening of Salò. I need him to invite me to do that more so that I have an excuse to go to a theater.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.