The Forum

Home Forums Movie Madness Mandy (2018)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Phil 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’m a huge fan of Panos Cosmatos’ Beyond the Black Rainbow and I cant wait to see his newest. Check out the wild trailer:

Saw it last night at the Egyptian.

It’s as if Panos Cosmatos hung out in a tour van and listened to a stoned black metal band discuss the plot to ROLLING THUNDER, transcribed that conversation onto the gatefold art of a mid-80s Dio LP, and then filmed the everliving shit out of it. A+++++++.

Also, nice shout out to the New Bev by Nic Cage during the post-show Q&A, in which he said watching James Dean in EAST OF EDEN at the New Bev as a teenager inspired him to become an actor.

I also saw the movie last night at the Egyptian and loved every minute of it. Great Q&A, too!

I highly encourage people to see it on the biggest screen with the loudest sound system possible. Watching it at home on VOD just won’t be the same.

Agreed! The film is such an overwhelmingly immersive A/V assault on the senses, I can’t imagine watching it for the first time on TV or (god forbid) a laptop. Seeing it in a theater was like being dropped in an acid bath (lysergic AND hydrochloric). Definitely gonna see it a few more times before it leaves theaters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.