The Forum

Home Forums New Beverly Programming Requests Is there a *print* of that? [Donner Superman extended cut.]

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  meheuck 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I remember seeing bits and pieces of this on tv, too. But, because they inserted footage of the first film with the second, they both tended to overlap. And I wasn’t sure where one started and where one ended. Anyway, so any chance the New Bev can nab this version of that Superman movie? http://www.darkhorizons.com/donners-superman-gets-extended-on-blu-ray/

It’s possible there could be a 16mm print out there used for the original television broadcast but I don’t think I’ve come across it. Will keep my eyes peeled.

There’s not likely 35mm prints of that, but WB did strike a Dolby Digital print of Donner’s expanded cut of SUPERMAN intending to give it a major reissue on the heels of their THE EXORCIST “version you’ve never seen” release in 2000. While the release was cancelled, the print has played many times in L.A., and has some choice bits that were not in the original theatrical release but included in the TV broadcast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.