The Forum

Home Forums New Beverly Programming Requests Hong Kong Movies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Evil Otto 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I always love to see Asian cinema, especially Hong Kong movies, at the New Beverly. The last Hong Kong movie I’ve seen at the New Bev was Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow back in April. I’d love to see more Hong Kong movies again soon. They’re always really exciting and the audience interactions are a ton of fun. Please consider bringing them back.

I’ve already posted some of my favorites in the Dream Doubles thread, but some of my other favorites that I didn’t mention include Fist of Fury (1973), Fist of Legend (1994), The Prodigal Son (1981), Righting Wrongs (1986), A Tale From the East (1990), Tiger on the Beat (1988) and pretty much any Jackie Chan movie or Shaw Brothers movie you can get your hands on.

Also I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: Jackie Chan’s original Police Story trilogy (1985-1992) would make the GREATEST TRIPLE FEATURE EVER!

Thanks guys!

I can’t wait for the One Armed Swordsman double feature in February! Not sure which day I’ll attend yet. I’m also looking forward to seeing the original Japanese version of Shall We Dance? along with Brief Encounter in Shinjuku on the 22nd. I hope this trend of Asian cinema continues.

Thank you!

Sorry for “beating a dead horse”, but I’d like to suggest more Hong Kong movies in the future. Recent screenings of Hong Kong movies in the LA area have been very successful and the audience always seems to have a blast! I’m especially talking about the Roboforce/Robotrix double feature and Beyond Fest‘s Jackie Chan triple feature last Friday.

Please considering bringing them back. It seems they can really turn a profit. Obviously, I’m gonna request some more of Jackie Chan’s Hong Kong movies. Those are always amazing with a crowd!

The New Bev screened Supercop a few years back…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.