The Forum

Home Forums New Beverly Programming Requests George A. Romerothon

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cinema4Eternity86 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

With the recent passing of our Godfather of Horror, Mr. George A. Romero, I was hoping The New Beverly could honor the man and his work . I would love to see a one or possible two day marathon celebrating his films. It could be called the George A. Romerothon. Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead, and Survival of the Dead. This would be great for October! Who’s with me?

RIP Mr. Romero

I’d love to see some Romero at the Bev in the upcoming months!

I’m with ya’. Romero was the man. Seemed like a genuinely really nice guy too.

I feel like a lot of his movies compliment each other really well. Like Dawn of the Dead and The Crazies, Martin and Season of the Witch, Creepshow and Day of the Dead, Monkey Shines and Bruiser. Bruiser, in particular, would be really cool to showcase since it got so overshadowed by the mediocre 4th, 5th, and 6th additions to the Dead trilogy.

Suggested a restored print of Dawn of the Dead which screened at the Egyptian last year, but the New Bev was insistent on it being 35 MM. Hope they’ve chosen to be flexible since then, ‘cus they also missed a chance to screen a new print of The Omen, and Phantasm, ‘cus of that.

Unless there’s a 35 print of the restored version, it’s not happening, D.Z. The New Beverly has been 35mm only since October 2014 and it’s gonna stay that way for a long time.

* also, the Laemmle Fine Arts theater that ran the restored “Phantasm” print also screened it in 35mm last fall and the print looked as good as the restored digital version. Sounded a hell of a lot better, too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.