Three Movies that Changed your life:
Sean’s local reactor melted down when he was in the first grade, poisoning the atmosphere with radioactive isotopes and dispersing a cloud of fear and distrust across central Pennsylvania. In the years that followed, excessive doses of punk rock, repertory cinema and weird VHS tapes assured his ongoing mutation into the life-form he is today.
When he is not occupied with projecting grindhouse double features and kiddie matinees, Sean earns his living in Hollywood as a film archivist, working with everything from 70mm Oscar-winning features to the 16mm Kodachrome home movies of famous strippers.
1. The End – Christopher Maclaine
Your favorite movie star/actor/director crushes:
2. Café Flesh - Stephen Sayadian
3. Hiroshima Mon Amour – Alain Resnais
1. Barbara Steele
Guilty pleasure movies:
2. Sylvester Stallone
3. Chris D.
4. Christiane F.
5. Beth and Scott B.
Light of Day / Welcome Home Brother Charles AKA Soul Vengeance / Lady Beware
Most cinematic moments:
Strange Invaders AKA Dead Kids: at the Halloween Party, where everybody is dancing in their costumes to Lou Christie’s “Lightning Strikes” / The relentlessness of the band in Night Train to Terror / Thom Anderson’s Los Angeles Plays Itself (the whole thing)
Dream Double Features:
1. China Syndrome / We are the Guinea Pigs
2. Decoder / Liquid Dreams
3. Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains / Slap Shot
4. The Exiles / Passing Through
5. Out of the Blue / Fade to Black
6. Starstruck (1982) / Smithereens
7. A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night / Cuadecuc, Vampir
8. Decline of Western Civilization Pt. 3 / Rodrigo D.: No Futuro
9. Voyage of the Rock Aliens / Tribulation 99
All-nighter: Fukasaku’s Battles without Honor or Humanity series
Kiddee Matinee: Mr. Quack Quack and the Rare Blue Apes AKA The Rare Blue Apes of Cannibal Isle AKA Cap’n Krock and the Rare Blue Apes AKA The Pirates of Cannibal Isle